Saturday, March 14, 2009

I am Canadian and have a conviction for mischief on my record. I want to live and work in Taiwan but fear visa


I am Canadian and have a conviction for mischief on my record. I want to live and work in Taiwan but fear visa?
I want to know if it is possible to enter the country and then to apply for a work visa. I lived there before for 4 years and never had any trouble with the police or anything. I want to work as an English teacher or in a company. On the ROC visa application website it asks if you have or have or have every had a criminal record. Is there any way to get around this?
Immigration - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You could lie about it but of course that would only get you denied for sure. You could hope they don't catch on but if you do get the visa and then they catch on once you are over there I'm sure you won't like the inside of a Thai jail. You could apply for a pardon in Canada, get it and THEN apply for a visa so that you wouldn't have to lie on the document. Your call.
2 :
Tough call buddy...really tough. If I were you, I'd try to pretend you never had that conviction and fill out the Visa straight up and hope it clears their check. I mean, if you disclose it, you are guaranteed a deny. It's stricly a probability answer.