Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Will Verizon Wireless smart phone apps work in Taiwan


Will Verizon Wireless smart phone apps work in Taiwan?
I'm traveling to Taiwan next month, and I know the phone portion won't be accessible but I was wondering if I would still be able to use to my apps such as email, facebook, twitter, etc. Thanks in advance!
Cell Phones & Plans - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Might, but you would be using international data roaming, I.E. very expensive.
2 :
You can use your Wi-Fi on your cell phone. Wi-Fi is universal and works in all international countries. If your smartphone has Wi-Fi then you can that to access the internet or use any of your apps. However you won't be able to use your cell phone to make calls since Verizon uses CDMA network and not GSM network. .