Saturday, August 1, 2009

I want to know : If I buy a DVD in Taiwan, will it work on my DVD player in South Africa


I want to know : If I buy a DVD in Taiwan, will it work on my DVD player in South Africa?
The DVD player that I have in South Africa is a LG8621P(I think that's the model no.) or it could be LG DV-8621P Anyways, will my Taiwan DVDs work on that when I get home?
Home Theater - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
No, regions are different. If it's a special dvd that you can't get in SA, and you have a PC, you could install AnyDVD and use it to strip the region code off the disk. Then you would have to burn the data onto a new DVD and you could watch that one.
2 :
Is your DVD player multizone capable? Even if it is not most DVD players can be enabled to multizone by entering a combination of keys on the remote. DO an internet search with your model name and something along the lines of enable multizon.