Monday, May 21, 2012

Will IRS let me work abroad/approve my visa


Will IRS let me work abroad/approve my visa?
I owe IRS 60k, and there is a tax lein against me. I have a working opportunity in Taiwan. Will I be able to go? I cant afford an attorney. I am really in a bad spot. I know, I am an idiot.
Personal Finance - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Immediately see your tax attorney who is handling your IRS issue. See if your attorney can negotiate a settlement or payment arrangements out of your income from the Taiwan job. If you owe the IRS, they consider that they own you. So see your tax atty now. You've been dealing with this tax issue without an attorney? Idiot. Now you either get a qualified tax attorney on this case instantly, or do without a job, passport, etc, and above all, without any money or assets.
2 :
The nation to which you are seeking to work in will handle the visa. The IRS could prevent you from leaving the country if they have approval, which one would think improbable in your case. Expect to work there. Especially if you make an arrangement with the IRS to repay them a small amount each month. Prepare in advance. Remember the Seven P's of the Armed Forces of the United States of America: Proper Prior Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance.