Monday, March 21, 2011

how about the tax in Taiwan


how about the tax in Taiwan?
hi,does any people work for taiwan company before? Like you are not in Taiwan,but you work for them,they pay you by US dollars. They charge me 20% tax,that is very high.I only earn 8$ per hour.so that is almost half of my payment. I know in USA,they will return your tax every year if you have low-income.So how about in Taiwan?The company told me taiwan government charged me tax not them and I should ask my government about tax return. Thank you!
Other - Taxes - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Yes, it is the tax rate for Foreign workers employed by Taiwan-based companies. Income tax of 20% is high? Comparing to US or Canada, it's pretty low; comparing to Hong Kong it is high. However, if you're not lived in Taiwan, the tax rate is slightly different and you can not get the allowance as well (e.g. housing deduction, health insurance). You can check the details at: https://www.ntat.gov.tw/county/ntat_ch/aig_list.jsp