Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Do i need to buy a power regulator if i take my european Wii to Taiwan


Do i need to buy a power regulator if i take my european Wii to Taiwan?
Hi, I got a European Wii console 220Volts pal version.And im going to my friends in Taiwan where the power is 110 Volts. Can i just plug it in and play games or do i need to buy something to make my Wii work in taiwan? I got already a different powerplug to match their connection. Please explain simple i have not much experience in power technology. I want to take with me also the pal games.But Tv's here support NTSC and PAL so i guess in taiwan also right?
Nintendo Wii - 5 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
no
2 :
Your Wii won't work in taiwan it's not just the power cables, European Wiis use PAL Taiwan uses NTSC so unless you take a television from Europe you won't be able to play it.
3 :
you can look at the power supply or the back of the Wii where the cord plugs in if you see something like this 110~220 volts you will be fine and you will only need a plug adapter, that symbol means your Wii will auto switch voltages. If you dont see that then you will need to get a power converter or transformer. A lot of travel shops will have what you need. I dont know if there is a radio shack where you are but they will also have it, and so will a company called brookstone
4 :
europe is on PAL taiwan is not will not work
5 :
taiwan rules