Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Can I apply for my CPA license if I work outside of the U.S


Can I apply for my CPA license if I work outside of the U.S?
Hi All, I've just passed the CPA exam and registered in NY. I am an international student from Taiwan and I was wondering if I could work for Ernst&Yong in Taiwan and use the work experience to apply for my NY CPA license?
Small Business - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You would need to check with the New York State Board of Accountancy. New York State Board for Public Accountancy State Education Department Division of Professional Licensing Services 89 Washington Avenue, 2nd Fl. East Mezzanine Albany, NY 12234-1000 Phone: 518-474-3817 ext. 160 Fax: 518-474-6375 Email: cpabd@mail.nysed.gov Web: www.op.nysed.gov/cpa.htm Good luck! I passed mine in May 2002, before Sarbox and the PCAOB.